Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Sunday, April 30, 2006


I belong to the Yahoo Six Sox a year group. The sock design for April/May is called Sixth Sense because the pattern is 6 sts x 6 rows and was designed by Susan Pierce Lawrence. It was a fun sock to knit and I really enjoyed doing the short row heel, which I had never done before. Since the cuff length is left to personal preference, I decided to make mine short.

I made my grandson a pair from the leftover yarn and because the design was quite easy.


Then I decided to do another pair!! I had some yarn I wasn't quite sure what to do with and there wasn't enough to make a larger project. For these socks I decided to work both the heel and toe in stockinette stitch. Since I love the short row heel, I did it again. It's so much easier than picking up those gusset stitches. This yarn is acrylic and rayon so I don't know how well it will wash but I loved the colours for these socks.


§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Here is my gorgeous grandson wearing a top down raglan sweater that I knit for him. Now that summer is on the way, he won't get much use out of it, and by next fall and winter he will have outgrown it. So...... that gives me great pleasure and good reason to make him another larger one for next year. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home