Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Sunday, April 30, 2006

I needed something small to stash all the needles I use for sewing together knitted or crocheted projects. I decided to use a heart pattern that was initially designed to be a dishcloth. I made two of them out of 100% wool and connected them with a just a few stitches at the top of the 'humps'. Then I threw it in the washing machine and left it for about an hour until I decided it was about the right size. When it was thoroughly dry, which took about 1.5 days, I zig zagged a piece of fabric in the inside where I had first attached a couple pieces of elastic. I then zig zagged it again around the outside and ...
Voila!! a case for my sewing needles, needle threaders and a few safety pins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home