Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Friday, May 12, 2006


Socks in progress...


Here is the pattern.

I decided to change it slightly since my yarn was finer than the Regia yarn called for. I cast on 72 sts (instead of 64) for the ribbing, then increased to 75 sts before starting the pattern which needs a mulitple of 5 sts. I also changed the pattern design just a little to this:

Round 1: as stated;
Round 2, 3, 4: Knit;
Round 5: as stated;
Round 6: Knit.

I knit a short row heel on 35 sts. (40% of total stitches)
The yarn is a Manor store brand (department store in Switzerland). I loved the heathery green and the fact that this yarn doesn't split and is nice to knit with. It's the first time I've used this yarn but I like it well enough to get more in other colours.

I've broken a cardinal rule with these socks>>> I knit only one instead of doing both at the same time!! Now I'll have to be a knitting maniac to finish the other sock before Monday when we start the KAL for a teddy bear. I won't even mention my other socks-in-progress. Yikes!! Think it's possible? Hmmm....


§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Yeah!! I did it!!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely socks!!!

Tuesday, 16 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home