Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Monday, May 29, 2006

This lone sock may not have a partner. I'm not sure I want to knit its match. It's not that I don't like it, because I do. I designed the colour stranding on scrap paper while watching some silly English comedy on BBC. Then I knit it into the leg of the sock no problem. The reason why I don't know if I should knit the matching sock is because the leg of this one is quite snug which makes it difficult to strip over my ankle when getting into it. The good part is that the rest of the sock fits perfectly. So, off to do research ..... within 10 minutes I discovered that when knitting fair isle, intarsia, or other stranded designs, you MUST MUST knit loose! Well, I'm not a loose knitter and don't know how I can become one, and do so want to knit more fair isle designs. So, what to do now.... hmmmm.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home