Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I suppose it happens to all of us... and indeed it happened to me too....
I had some beige yarn with no ballband (it was wool but I had no idea what percentage) that I knit into a moebius bowl.
Actually it was a moebius band. I just picked up the stitches around the band,
crossed from one side to the other where the moebius crossed, and knit the bowl like a hat.
I did the same with the green one with 15 less stitches.


I threw them into the washing machine to felt. The green shrunk to less than half its original size in minutes; the beige was in for 1.5 hrs and wouldn't felt! Grrrr...
The beige is now in the trash; the green is full of carmels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home