Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Thursday, November 23, 2006

What does one do with 100% wool other than felting?
I chose to do a little charity knitting for the
Gorodnya Orphanage in the Ukraine.
Winters are very cold and the dorm-style
buildings are not heated sufficiently.
Even for sleeping, the children wear layers of clothing.
As time allows, and since I have quite a bit of this particular wool,
I'll be knitting up other clothing for these children.


1 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

Your gifts are beautiful and the children will sure be warm in cozy in what you've made. :-)

Saturday, 25 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home