Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Friday, December 01, 2006

Sock Wars are over!!
Since the hostess, Yarnmonkey,
changed the rules right at the end, it was fairly obvious that a knitter
from the United Kingdom would win. And so it happened.
Worse yet, I still haven't received my 'socks of doom' from my assassin.

Therefore, I made my own from Paton's Classic Merino
on 2.5 mm dpns in a heathery green, my favorite colour.
I just finished them 5 mins ago and I like them!

Also OTN are Pomatomus. I'm knitting these for
a friend who will send me canned salmon in exchange.
Oh, how I love and miss canned salmon!!

The dark blue alpaca will be the Snowflake Lace socks
from MagKnits. I swatched the yarn 4 times, including once with
1.75 mm pdns. Yowzers, is that hard on the eyes!
I hope it works now with 2mm dpns & a 66 st cast-on.
This yarn seems to stretch quite a bit (probably from the bit
of merino in it) and doesn't have much memory. I'm hoping
that my calculations will produce a sock that will be loose enough
to get over the arch, but snug enough that it won't sag out of shape while wearing.
I hate frogging so it better work this time round!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home