Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Sunday, January 21, 2007

OTN -- Austrian Diamond (2nd pair) in sea green/blue (mate in progress) & Pomatomus (my 3rd pair) with Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock in Ravenswood colorway. I have 2 other colorways in Lorna's Laces and I sure hope they don't pool like this one. I've scoured the web and found that many other knitters complain about the pooling problem with this yarn. Only one solution for me -- no more Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock until they find a way to eliminate pooling.


These are my first toe ups. I finished them a short while ago but just didn't post a pic till now. I used leftover yarns from other
socks -- Knit Picks Gloss & Bonita (Swiss storebrand). They were a fun knit and are very comfy! I'll definitely do another pair of these because I love the way the toe fits and feels.



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

great looking socks!!!!!!

Sunday, 28 January, 2007  
Blogger Bev Love said...

You make gorgeous socks. I wish you had been my Sockret Pal, I would have loved to own some of your work. Instead I will strive to do half as well with my patterned socks. So far I have only completed a single Columbine Peak Sock. I was planning to cast on Pomotamus in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport Blackwatch colorway tonight. But I am kind of turned off by the pooling too. I read somewhere that if you change the cast on stitches by 3 it eliminates the pooling with LLs.
Bev

Monday, 12 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home