Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Friday, February 02, 2007


Here's my latest acquisition ..... found at a thrift shop!
Cost only 50CHF!
I'm still searching for what kind of wheel it is. According to my partner
this wheel has been handmade by a local Swiss craftsman. However, there are no markings on it whatsoever! It's difficult to say from whose hands it comes but it's obviously been used a lot as some of the parts are very worn. My partner, being the handyman he is, soon adjusted and repaired most of the parts. Just a few very minor adjustments remain to be done and then begins the hard part ..... I have to learn how to spin yarn on it! Am I excited about the prospect of making my own yarn on this beautiful wheel? YES YES YES!!!!!



This is the majority of my sock yarn stash. I have the odd other skein scattered throughout the closets in my craft room. I must must must discipline myself to NOT BUY MORE SOCK YARN until this stash is sufficiently depleted!!!
Pictured here: STR, Lorna's Laces, Opal, Regia, Rellana, Lang Jawoll, Cherry Tree Hill, Trekking XXL, Knit Picks Gloss, Knit Picks Essential, Bebe pure wool, Bonita (Swiss storebrand), Fortissima Socka, Online Supersock, & 20 skeins of Alpaca!! Plus, an exchange pal just sent me handspun, handdyed 100% Swedish wool in the most beautiful shades of fushias, purples, bright pinks, & reds. HELP!! I need another pair of hands to knit all this gorgeous yarn into socks!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be your other set of hands but I get to keep the yarn........ROTFL That is one nice huge stash you have there, I'm totally jealous lol

Wednesday, 07 February, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, what a great stash! I am so jealous about the discount wheel!

Monday, 19 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home