Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Friday, February 23, 2007


I'm still spinning merino so all knitting is pretty much on hold for now.
This yarn will be for an exchange. I hope to spin even enough and thin enough that the 2-ply that it's destined for will be sufficient for a pair of adult socks.
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

These socks were a trial to see if I could do 2-colour stranding with the slip stitch technique. It was a snap!! The MC is handspun, handdyed yarn from an exchange pal in Sweden, the orange is Opal. They are ohhhhhhh soooooooooo warm!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pippi said...

Those socks are simply stunning!!!
I love em!!!

Monday, 26 February, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome socks!! They turned out nice :)and they do look warm. Enjoy them!!

Rikki

Monday, 26 February, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the socks, they turned out just great. I'm eyeballing that merino you have spinning there though, boy does that look nice..........hehehe. You're getting really good at it!!!!

Thursday, 01 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home