Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

These are the wonderful exchange gifts from my Sassy Sock pal. Boy, did she spoil me!! Thanks soooooo much Sheela!!
First, there is the cutest card! It says ' Single Sock Seeks Same - Hand-knit, well-heeled single sock in search of sole-mate. Enjoys long walks or just hanging out around the house (shoes optional). Color or patterning not important but natural fibers preferred and must be hand-knit. If this sounds like you, let's pair up!' I love it!! :-)
Next, some hand lotion from Bath & Body Works. It's pink grapefruit, anti-bacterial, with all those luscious vitamins that keep skin soft and touchable. And, it smells like heaven! Yummmmmmmm!!!
The yarn she sent is called Tofutsies. Looks like she got it from South West Trading Company. It's 50% Superwash Wool, 25% Soysilk Fibers, 22.5% Cotton, & 2.5% Chitin. Chitin is made from crab & shrimp shells.
The colours are marvelous -- self striping in turquoise, olive green, purple, & dk grey. I was shocked to see that this little skein has 425 meters! Wow! I'll have enough for adult socks and some for my grandson too. Yippppeeeeeee!! :-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home