Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

How's this colorway?
I took the natural Alpaca Silk Wool that I posted about below
and dyed it. I wanted to achieve earthy tones.
I think it turned out pretty well.
There's 466 yds of 2-ply fingering weight here.

This skein below is White Buffalo wool plied with Corriedale wool.
It's 208 yds of sport/worsted weight.
I'm definitely going to dye this once I get another few skeins spun up.
But what colour should I make it? Hmmm...



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome spinning, and I like the colorway you used. Actually I like all the colors you've used. :)
I think something with red would look cool (I love red) lol.

Hugs,
Rikki

Saturday, 12 May, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

The colorway came out just perfect, I LOVE it!! You truly are getting pretty good at this spinning thing. I've yet to pick up the drop spindle and try as it freaks me out looking at it and don't know where to start......LOL. I'll get there though :) Not sure about the buffalo yarn, you could dye it in a earthy brown maybe? But then again, red or blue would be nice too.........heck, just go with it, it'll be lovely either way, I just know it :)
love ya,
Susan

Tuesday, 15 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home