Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I wanted a blue tank and couldn't find a pattern I liked so I hatched an idea in my little head and Voila, here's the progress & finished tank. It fits me to a T, exactly how it did in my mind's eye. ;)

I used almost 4 balls of yarn (label above) and it was wonderful to knit with. Too bad this colour is discontinued.

I wanted it to have waist shaping and to accomodate my hippo hips. I wanted a very delicate lace pattern to run down one side of it. I wanted narrow shoulder straps but enough to cover my bra straps. Most of all I wanted it to be comfy, cool, and just a little sexy. ;)

I started out by taking my body measurements and knitting up a swatch with the yarn. After doing the math (the worst part of knitting anything from an idea), I cast on. After that is was a breeze. In fact, I might knit up another one from another idea I have hatching in my head. ;)





Now, if only I could replace the rest of my body, I'd be dancin' in the streets. ;)






























6 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

That looks so great on you!!!! I'm very impressed. :-)

Wednesday, 20 June, 2007  
Blogger Kasia said...

Hi Deb! Your tank is so lovely! I really like this lace insert on the side, you're right it looks sexy :D Oh my gosh, did this horrible storm really caused you so much damage? I am so sorry! We got slightly flooded, or at least our two balconies, because the drain blocked, but Duedingen did get that much of the demages after all, I heard that in other parts it was way worse! Hope that you have the chaos under control!

Saturday, 23 June, 2007  
Blogger Miz K said...

What a beautiful tank! Thank you so much for your sweet comment - it really meant alot to me! I was just reading you blog the other night - your socks are amazing! Looks like I'm going to have to learn to knit (I just crochet currently.) Maybe I'll go find a book this afternoon when I'm taking a packing break. Thanks again!

Saturday, 23 June, 2007  
Blogger Dandy said...

WOW thats gorgeous!!! and the pattern was all in your head... impressive!!

Saturday, 23 June, 2007  
Blogger MJ said...

That is absolutely beautiful and looks marvelous on you. What a lovely color. TAKE CARE

Saturday, 23 June, 2007  
Blogger aksunflour said...

Wow what a cool tank top. It looks really nice, pretty blue yarn too.

Sunday, 24 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home