Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Since I learnt that Lorna's Laces makes beautiful lace,
I decided to try it again.
This shawl didn't block out like it was supposed to due to
my own stupidity. Live & learn ..... to block scalloped edges one MUST
CAST OFF EXTREMELY LOOSELY WITH LARGER NEEDLE!
In fact, I did bind off twice, but still not loose enough.
Valuable lesson learnt!
It's the Sagittaria shawl from

This scarf was originally much wider but I didn't have enough yarn for a proper length so I frogged the first attempt... all 2 skeins of it!! OUCH!
It's the edge pattern from the Alpine Lace shawl in Victorian Lace Today. At least now the length is 63" which is sufficient.





3 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Ooooh...I love the Sagitaria shawl! I've been wanting to knit that but sadly my printer is out of ink. Maybe I could con my husband to print it off at work?? :) Hehe..I'm terrible.

I just got the Victorian Lace Today book. Mmm..I love it. I'm attempting to spin yarn and knit the shawl at this moment. It's going to be a gift for my mother.:D

Wednesday, 06 June, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

your shawls just look totally awesome and you sure are whipping those things out

Tuesday, 12 June, 2007  
Blogger Val said...

I love your lace knitting. And thankyou for the kind comment about my blog! Welcome also to the Saskcrafters yahoo group. Nice to meet another spinner and knitter!

Wednesday, 11 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home