Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Thursday, July 12, 2007

This orchid has bloomed so much these past 3 yrs that I thought it was on its last leg but it sure fooled me. Even though only one branch has budded out, I have a feeling there will be others before long.




Hard to believe this violet was only a tiny leaf in a styrofoam cup of soil just one year ago. I snipped it from the doctor's office. Shhhhh, don't tell. ;) Two plants grew from that little leaf. I transplanted them in seperate pots about 4 months ago. After that they just took off! I gifted one to a friend when it was loaded with buds. She has it on display in the centre of her kitchen table and tells me that there are new buds continuously pushing forth as is the case with this one.


On the knitting front, there's not much to show other than this:


More stash busting yarn ... Patons 'Grace'


Terrible dark picture, I know, but just to show the cute little 'hole' in the back of the tank.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kasia said...

Hey Deb! Thanks a bunch for a piece of advice, I will call Swiss next week and we will see what bored girl on the infoline shall tell me ;) (I have a major issue with Swiss and their infoline).
Your tank looks great! Is there a possibility of the pic in the "full glory"? Are you kidding me? This lovely violet grew up from a leave only? Amazing! You must have a good hands for plants!

Thursday, 12 July, 2007  
Blogger Dandy said...

I love violets... they're so easy to grow!! even I can grow them... lol... the tank looks great!!!

Friday, 13 July, 2007  
Blogger Laurie said...

Just coming out from "behind the computer screen", where I have been lurking and reading blogs from KVVS, to say hello.
I love the colors and design of your top with the "peek hole" in the back. Looks cool and comfortable to wear.
I am so impressed with the violet plant. I have a lush garden of vegetables, and a yard full of thriving trees, shrubs, and flowers as well as a "forest" inside my house, but when it comes to violets (and I know this from several attempts) I send them to their deaths quickly.

Sunday, 15 July, 2007  
Blogger KnitMoka said...

I love the tank. Can you tell me what the pattern is?

Kudos on the violet. I've got to start snipping plants from places. What an inexpensive way to get your garden growing.

Wednesday, 18 July, 2007  
Blogger Yarn Devil said...

Hey! Love the Tank! It's very fun!!! Super cute.... Would love to see a better lit pic but, think its beautiful!!

Saturday, 21 July, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

love the tank, it came out great!!!

I used to grow violets from just the leaves, it's fun to do and cool to watch :)

Sunday, 29 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home