Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Wednesday, August 8, 2007
The Uzume socks are done!

I finished the Gentleman's Half Hose from Knitting Vintage Socks.
Since these are for my son who has chicken skinny legs, I didn't do the calf increases. However, I did use a double strand of yarn for the heel & toe since he tends to get holes very easily.... like two weeks after first wearing! From the top of the cuff to the top of the heel, these socks are almost 11" long, perfect for winter temps of -40°C!

After finishing 2 pairs of socks, I rewarded myself by casting on another project. This will be a top down raglan pullover, also for my son. I really like this recycled tweedy wool I got from an Etsy vendor. I'm not using a pattern for this sweater because I know my son's measurments. If the sweater is oversized & baggy, he's a happy camper.

The other 3 WIPs I posted about before are growing very slowly. I might pick them up more often because the stockinette stitch of the sweater will be a boring knit.






1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the yarn for the raglan. I may have to find a way to fly to switzerland and snag that from you......LOL

Tuesday, 14 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home