Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Monday, September 03, 2007

Friday, September 14, 2007
There is some sort of cow festival on today. The loud cow bells startled me out of bed at 6:20 a.m. The bells are not just loud, they are shatteringly L-O-U-D!!
It's now 3:30 p.m. and the cow clanging & mooing still continues. It's impossible for me to hear the television without putting it on the loudest volume setting. I'd rather not because that kind of noise mixed with cow clanging is deafening. Instead I'v turned the television off and put plugs in my ears to save my sanity .... and my hearing.
It's totally beyond me how the Swiss farmers are allowed to traipse their cows through the streets of our town and that they believe this is an activity that the townspeople enjoy. It wouldn't even be so bad if the cows wouldn't be wearing those &%$£ bellls and the farmers would clean up the "pies" that their cows leave behind. But neither happens!!
All vehicles must come to a stop because the cow parades have the right of way. Who ever heard of such nonsense!!

You see the car at the bottom of this picture? It, along with about 10 others behind it have to wait for the parade of cows & farmers to go by. What if one or more of those people need to get to an appointment or are going to work?? Why should they be late solely because the farmers take pleasure in blocking the streets with their cows? Would you stand for it especially if you knew there were tons of country trails for those cows to parade along rather than the streeets of a town? Would you want to drive your car through the cow pies that have littered the streets?
All I can do is shake my head in disbelief at the sheer idiocy of some Swiss activities.
The truth is that the Swiss NEVER, EVER protest anything .... EVER!
They seem to be so brainwashed into believing that everything that is done to them or for them is good for them. Can you imagine living where you weren't allowed to complain or simply didn't complain because you were so programmed? Is ignorance really bliss?

Where are those street cleaners??
I'll have to play hopscotch with my nose & ears plugged when I take the dog out .... Pewwwwwwww.... UGH!!




2 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I don't like cows that much. Sorry!!!

Friday, 14 September, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Boy that would drive me crazy. I'd probably be the first person to complain and shock the whole town.......LMAO

Friday, 14 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home