Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Monday, September 03, 2007

Tuesday, September 11, 2007
I was taking stock of knitting accessories and I almost freaked out when I saw how many stitch markers I have. YIKES!! Do I really need them all? I have my favorites that I use for most everything I knit. They fit up to size 5mm needles, which is in the range of most of my knitting projects. I suppose there's a possibility that the others might come in handy. I'll take a 'wait and see' attitude on this one.

I started another basketweave baby blankie after finishing a small one (about 24" square). The second one will be larger because I'm using a double strand of yarn and larger needles. It should be about 36" x 24" when done, a good size for a little one.

This is a sleeve for a ribbed v-neck pullover that I'm attempting. This sleeve was easy so I've started the other sleeve instead of starting the body. I'm still a little hesitant about this pattern so I might end up changing a few details. I've never knit anything from Garn Studio so I'm a little skeptical.
You see the lace cuff? That stitch is not in the original pattern. I found a nice lace design in a book of knitting stitches that I decided to use instead. You see, I've already changed it to my own taste.



3 Comments:

Blogger Dandy said...

Deb that pullover is very pretty, I can't wait to see it finished!

still waiting on the mags too... I have the rest of the pkg ready to go... I hope they're not waiting for me to send the renewal back before they send them out :s

Tuesday, 11 September, 2007  
Blogger Yarn Devil said...

Your Sleeve is beautiful!!! And yes I would use the same attitude when it came to stitch markers(never know when your going to lose one somewhere...).

Wednesday, 12 September, 2007  
Blogger JanKnit said...

The tweed sweater turned out beautifully!!! Thank you for showing off this great yarn!!

Saturday, 29 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home