Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2007
Recent activities.......
Yesterday I made 5 Calzone. We had them for lunch. They were very large, so large, in fact, that after eating one, I was stuffed! As you see, there is only one left on the plate which means that the boss ate 3. You think he liked them? ;o)
On the knitting front........

I finished these socks for my son. They wer supposed to be in the Christmas parcel I sent to him in Canada but, they weren't finished on time to mail. I'll send them later or take them with me when I go home in the spring.

Remember this sock? I knit this one up in Feb/Mar of this year. I started the mate but just couldn't find the ambition to finish it, so .......

....... frog pond, frog pond here I come.....

I frogged the works!!
I feel relieved even though I promised these socks to a friend.
But, never fear my friend, I have started another pair of socks with bavarian twisted stitches just for you. You will love them, honest! ;o)


And my latest project is ......
..... my own design!

Yes folks, I do love those bavarian twisted stitches. However, I really don't like patterns that are so complicated and so convoluted, twisting the poor stitches hither & thither, that I designed this sock to have the same visual beauty but with much less work. If I can knit this sock up in 12 hrs, so can you!
Will I share the pattern? Yes!
I'm now in the process of writing up the chart and hope to have the written works up for scrutiny within a few days. So, if you'd like to test knit this sock, please do ask for the pattern by emailing me at:
electra_nina at myway dot com
After you've knit it, please let me know if there are errors or any other problems.





2 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

Guess I don't have to run out and buy that orange shirt......... LOL

Something even better? WOW!!!!

All the socks are just beautiful and that calzone looks yummylish!!!

Tuesday, 11 December, 2007  
Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

I can't believe you frogged the whole project!! I would cry. You are a stronger person than I.

Could you possibly send me that pattern at ares_fifi at hotmail dot com? I would e-mail you, but I'm at work (let me know if you want an air conditioner. No one else in this country does right now) and can't get to my web mail and I'm afraid I'll forget by this evening. Thanks!

The Austrian Diamonds in apricot are lovely. You have good taste in socks :D

Tuesday, 08 January, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home