Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Another picture heavy post but we all like lookin' at pictures, right? ;)
These are yarn sample cards I got from Jacob's. Thanks to this great gal, who introduced me to this yarn shop, I'll be in 7th heaven. I just placed my first order so we'll see how long the yarn takes to reach me.

In the meantime, I've been playing around with knee length socks. I've never owned handknit knee socks and I had this 2-ply wool floating around for ages so I'm giving it a go. One down, one to go. That one sock took me a week! The pattern is the Latvian sock from Nancy Bush's Folk Socks.

I finished the Hemlock Ring! It's not that large, only 45" in diameter, but will be perfect for my new granddaughter.


This is the last fiber I got from the Yarn Yard Fiber Club. It's merino/tencel and loaded with sheen. It glitters & sparkles all over the place. Really pretty!


From the 100 grams, I got 3 small skeins of 3-ply, 254 yds.


I have no idea what I'll do with it other than stroke it a lot! ;)






4 Comments:

Blogger Yarn Devil said...

Your hemlock ring is beautiful! Wow! And those socks will keep your legs warm! :) The yarn is gorgeous..... TTYL

Wednesday, 30 January, 2008  
Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

Hee hee! Took me a min. to realize what that was! I'm curious to know how fast your order gets to you. I need to place one too, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

LOVE the yarn. Very pretty!

And the week is why I don't do knee socks. Patience is not one of my better qualities. Good luck with the second one!

Sunday, 03 February, 2008  
Blogger Tami said...

your hemlock is beautiful! I agree about the knee socks -- I much prefer to knit anklets, they only take a few hours!

Monday, 04 February, 2008  
Blogger Sharon in Surrey said...

Love the knee socks!!! I never go that high since I wear pants in the winter & shorts in the summer . . . but, I'm thinking I may give it a go.

Tuesday, 25 August, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home