Strega's Needles & Hooks

This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday, January 19, 2008
Pictures speak louder than words so this post is more of the former. ;)
Hemlock Ring blanket. After Row 46. (true colour of yarn shown here)

... After row 62.


I desperately needed a new pair.
These knit from 3 strands of leftover sock yarn.


These also knit from 3 strands of leftover sock yarn with cute pom poms for a 5 yr old sweetie.



A highly modified version of Mr Greenjeans cardi from Knitty.
Instead of YOs for raglan increases, I used M1.
I totally changed the cable pattern and lengthened the cardi to cover my butt -- total length 28".
The buttonband was knit seperately and sewn in place as I went along. It's a good way to control the spacing of the buttonholes.
The buttons were a bargain find and really don't do justice to the cardi but all in all, I'm satisfied.


This fibre from the Yarn Yard fiber club was in my mailbox yesterday.
It's a merino/tencel blend .... dreamy soft!


Included in the fiber package was a sample of pure white. I spun & navajo plied it. I love the result! It's very soft and will have wonderful drape when knitted up.







5 Comments:

Blogger Dandy said...

holy... have you ever been busy knitting!!!
your hemlock looks great.. I have this one on my "to do" list... hopefully sometime this yr ;)
those sock yarn slippers are cute.. I like the pom-poms
your Mr. G is great... what a easy pattern huh?? nice way to spice it up too!!

Sunday, 20 January, 2008  
Blogger Janet said...

Deb,
Your afghan is beautiful are you doing 2 and if only 1 which color is the true color. Love the slippers too. I am making them for the VA Hosp. in El Paso, Tx.
Love Ya
Janet

Sunday, 20 January, 2008  
Blogger TheBlackSheep said...

WOW! You've done a lot!

I love the "Mr. Greenjeans", although I think it's less modified than redone :D.

I also love the blue yarn. Looks purty!

Monday, 21 January, 2008  
Blogger Ariel said...

The cardi came out so beautifully and the buttons are terrific. :-)

Your afghan is amazing, can't wait to see it finished.

Tuesday, 22 January, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hemlock is just gorgeous and greenjeans is just beautiful. Like the slippers too........hehehe

Thursday, 24 January, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home