Strega's Needles & Hooks
This is my little piece of cyber space where I rant or rave, depending on my mood. Postings are whatever interests me at the time. Life with an Italian in Switzerland is interesting indeed! CLICK ON PHOTOS TO SEE ENLARGEMENTS
- Name: Deb
Saturday, June 16, 2007
I just finished blocking the Spetsstickad shawl. I found the pattern here: http://avigmaskan.typepad.com/spetssjal_1.pdf
I don't read or understand this language so I had to play it by ear. The shawl turned out fairly well and it only took me 2 weeks to knit up. :)
Sunday, June 10, 2007
I just signed up for the Knitter's Virtual Vacation swap. Should be a hoot! ;)
1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?
LOUISIANA for the MARDI GRAS because seeing is believing ... one big party!
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
The Far East because the cultures are ancient & intriguing.
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
YES, from coast to coast in Canada, from Toronto to Orlando, from Vancouver to LA, from Saskatchewan to SD, from Switzerland to Italy, from Greece to Italy (across the Adriatic), from Switzerland to France.
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
Is Hawaii exotic? If so, then that's it.
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
Every trip in Canada was special because of the geographical & cultural diversity.
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.
While tutoring English to immigrants, we toured the high spots of the city many times.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
Anything not scratchy or itchy.
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
socks -- small & portable
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
Spinning, dyeing now. Have done many many needlepoint, petit point & counted cross-stitch 'pictures'.
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
Not that I know of.
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
Fav -- shades of forest green
Least fav -- oranges & yellows (although I'd put these colours in my kitchen, no prob)
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
Savory more than sweet although I do enjoy less sweet biscuits with my tea.
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?
It's totally amazing that complete strangers can shop for and send gifts to other complete strangers. For this I am truly thankful and appreciative of anything & everything I receive.
June 14 UPDATE:
My swap partner for the Knitter's Tea swap 3 is Suzie, the ringleader. I sent her a parcel of goodies quite some time ago so I believe she's received it already. Two days ago, I received her parcel of goodies, and BOY, oh boy, did she ever include some nice things.There's 3 kinds of tea, yarn, lotion, red licorice (it's scrumptious!!), and many other goodies. Thank so much Suzie!! :)